Tax advisory services have been a core activity of Altenburger since its creation over 40 years ago. Ever since, our ambition has been to provide the best tax advice to our clients. Taxes are everywhere. Year in, year out, many of our clients successfully obtain favorable tax rulings, avoid risks and litigation and optimize their tax situation based on our advice.
In short, at Altenburger, your taxes are in competent hands.
The tax matters of our clients is our passion
We provide comprehensive services in tax matters for companies, entrepreneurs, managers and private individuals. Our advice is solution oriented, innovative, legally sound and effective. In many cases, the members of our tax group are co-operating with other professionals within our firm, in particular with colleagues in the Commercial, Corporate and M&A areas.
All our clients do have to pay taxes and we make sure that they do it in an optimized manner within the boundaries of the ever-changing legal framework.
While we strive to provide practical advice in our day-to-day work with our clients, we also have strong academic ties to Swiss tax law and our tax group members have a longstanding track record of publications and teaching in tax law.
Swiss tax law, whether purely local or with international elements, is our focus. For cross-border and international tax matters, we can count on our network of diligently chosen foreign tax experts.
Range of Services
- Business structuring and restructuring
- Group-internal transfers
- Company relocation from and to Switzerland
- Tax policies and risk management
- Advising on Tax Warranty & Tax Indemnity Insurance
- Share deals and asset deals
- Real estate transactions
- Tax due diligence
- Taxation of individuals
- Tax compliance and filings
- Estate tax matters
- Voluntary disclosers
- Foundations and trusts
- Choice of residence
- Pensions and social security
- Retirement planning
- Tax litigation
- Tax evasion and tax fraud proceedings
- Administrative and legal assistance procedures
- International tax planning
- Double-tax treaty matters
- Mutual agreement procedures
Insurance Related Tax Matters
- Taxation of insurance products (life and non-life)
- Premium tax
- Taxation of captives
Tax Matters in the Financial Industry
- Special tax matters of banks, asset managers and securities dealers
- Turnover tax
- Taxation of investment funds
Questions? Contact our team. And have a look at our other services.
- Objection to the competent municipality (Canton of Zurich) against final assessment of real estate gains taxes following a major sale of real estate
- Advising a Swiss charitable organization in its dispute with the cantonal tax authorities regarding their tax exempt status
- Establishing a tax-exempt subsidiary in the canton of Zurich for an international organization for an international non-profit research and advocacy organization
- Advising a warranty & indemnity insurer in relation to the sale of one of the leading Swiss frozen food producers to Europe’s largest frozen food company
- Advising a US investment fund with respect to a convertible loan and equity subscription in relation to a Swiss pharmaceutical company prior to its IPO
- Advising on the acquisition of a Swiss cyber security company by a Swiss competitor
- Advising with regard to the establishment of a trust and obtaining tax rulings from competent Swiss tax authorities
- Advising on the sale of a Swiss digital premium affiliate-marketing-network to its Swedish competitor
- Advising and assisting on the relocations of a family from the U.S. to Switzerland and London; obtaining of Swiss lump-sum tax rulings
- Tax advice in relation to the sale of a Swiss digital commerce services company to a German competitor
For a complete or field-specific list of cases, please get in touch with us.